Cosmetic Dentistry FAQs
What is cosmetic dentistry, and how is it different from general dentistry?
At Sunrise Dental of Issaquah, Dr. Sidhu believes in combining both art and science to create a healthy and beautiful smile. General dentistry focuses on the health of your teeth and gums, where cosmetic dentistry provides comprehensive treatment options that improve and preserve the way your smile looks and feels.
Cosmetic Treatments We Offer in issaquah
- Teeth whitening
- Contouring/tooth reshaping
- Dental implants
- Tooth-colored fillings
- Smile makeovers
- Permanent Dentures
- Full Mouth Reconstruction
Do I need cosmetic dentistry?
It completely depends on what your goals are for your smile? If you are missing teeth, you feel that your teeth are crooked, or you're an adult looking for an alternative to braces, then yes, cosmetic dentistry can help you discover the beautiful smile you remember..
How long will each cosmetic treatment take?
Just as every smile we treat is unique, so are the treatments we provide. While cosmetic treatment times may vary, some treatments are completed within one office visit.
Does insurance cover cosmetic dental care?
Insurance coverage and out-of-pocket expenses for cosmetic treatment vary in the state of Washington. Our Issaquah team works with each insurance provider to take advantage of whatever options are available to you. The good news is you won't have to wait, by the end of your consultation, your treatment plan coordinator will know all costs associated with your treatment along with any benefits paid by your insurance.
Am I a good candidate for teeth whitening?
We have found our patients who realize the most benefit from teeth whitening are typically:
- In good dental health
- Maintain good dental health (i.e. brush three times a day, floss, receive regular dental checkups every six months, etc.)
- Suffer from slightly discolored or yellow teeth
- Wish to improve the look of their smile for aesthetic purposes
- Are in good physical health
Are there any side effects with teeth whitening?
Not generally. Teeth whitening is a safe procedure. However with anything in life, there is a chacne for minor side-effects such as:
- Temporary increased tooth sensitivity to hot or cold
- White spots on the surface of the teeth (a potential side effect of at-home whitening systems)
- Nighttime whitening trays may cause additional gum sensitivity or irritation.